Sunday, October 9, 2011

Score! Thumbelina is on Netflix now! I've been waiting for this, actually. When I was younger (and even now), I could watch this movie on repeat. I love the artwork, facial expressions, and the clothing in this movie. I think it's so funny that she plays with her skirt so much. It's almost as if she was a child, and maybe that's why I loved it so much. The beetle dress was always my favorite outfit, though. It's so eccentric.
After watching this movie, I realize that all fairy tale movies are possibly the root to my (and maybe all girl's)obsession with ballerina flats. I remember in Beauty and The Beast, Belle's shoes were the prettiest things I had ever seen. Ugh! They were so hard to draw though! I haven't tried to draw flats in years. I wonder how they would look.
Next post: picture of ballerina flats.

1 comment: