Saturday, October 22, 2011


What a terrific and awkward moment in my life...
This man, Chuck Klosterman, is someone that I used to daydream about having a conversation with. I would never actually know what we would say beyond, "Hey, how's it goin'?" I loved listening to him speak that night. Reading or listening to what an intelligent, intellectual, and funny person has to say is something I could do all day. If I am required to talk back, then this would become the most embarrassing day of my life. I feel like such a horrible moron when I am required to throw in my input on a situation or viewpoint. I really want to sound intelligent, but I just come off as a slow no-witted troll. I had him sign one of my books (which I've been calling by the wrong name for what I'm gonna guess has been years now) and got a picture with him. He then said he really appreciated us coming out, and actually seemed genuine about it. As I was walking away, I feebly said, "I really like your books." That's it. I really like your books. Not, "Blah blah blah something pop culture." Fuuuuck! I'm such an idiot that I can't even think of a real sentence that I could have asked him! I'm so embarrassed about what I said and what I could have said to him. I really just hope that he forgets how stupid I am. Which, I'm actually super sure he forgot it as I walked away. 
I really just want to figure out how to have an intelligent conversation with someone without sounding like a nincompoop or a jerk.

Ughhgghhgghhh all I want is coffee right now. I'm broke as shit, but there is a Dunkin' Donuts down the street. That's what I've got my stomach set on. Time to go beg, but I'll try to do it brilliantly. I'll be a brilliant beggar.

No comments:

Post a Comment